Our spiritual support is always available.
Spiritual and pastoral care embraces an approach to care and ageing that is holistic and person-centred. It offers an opportunity to share and reflect on the events and challenges of life in an environment of trust and confidentiality.
Pastoral care services are available to clients, residents and their families and our staff, regardless of their spiritual or cultural beliefs. Anglicare supports spiritual and cultural diversity and offers appropriate spiritual care for people from all faith traditions and beliefs.
The spiritual and pastoral care team can also provide appropriate access to clergy and religious communities, religious rites and bereavement support.
Our spiritual and pastoral care team visit clients and their carers in their home or residents at one of our residential facilities. Referrals can be made by any member of staff, or clients and residents may request to see a member of our spiritual and pastoral care team.
Spiritual and pastoral care services include:
- Listening and sharing on general or specific life issues including ways to cope with stress; loneliness and isolation;
- Bereavement/grief support to clients and residents who have lost a family member or friend; grief related to loss of health, be it physical or mental health;
- Support for those experiencing:
- Family challenges
- Meaning of life, loss of meaning/purpose
- Loss of hope
- Coping with disability
- End of life issues, including palliative care
- Spiritual care including prayer and spiritual direction, the teaching of meditation techniques, or referrals to relevant religious communities where desired.
- Life history/life review
- Carer support
- Information and referrals to a range of services.
If you or a loved one would like to enquire about our spiritual and pastoral care, please don’t hesitate to chat with us on 1300 610 610 or by using the contact form below.
Get in touch today
Would you like to know more about
Spiritual and Pastoral Care?